Fernando
Questions Hi, everyone Could you help me with two questions? 1) (A teacher talking to students and reading a text): As we have time, this a very short text, I think it is four pages. I think we have time to read it all”.... Is it correct to say “read it all” here? Should I say “Read all of it”? 2) If someone says “Can I take pictures inside the room”, should you say “I wouldn’t recommend t” or “I don’t recommend you do”? Is it weong to say “I don’t recommend you do”? What about “I wouldn’t recommend you did” Please
1
0
For question 1) both are correct and have the same meaning. 2) “ I wouldn’t recommend it” is correct. You could say, “ I don’t recommend you do” , as well. The third example is not correct. Conditional “wouldn’t” combined with the simple past “did” are not tenses that go together.
Fernando
English, French, Portuguese