nam
Is this sentence correct? Hi everyone, I have a sentence but I dont really know if the way I constructed it is correct or not. Here is the sentence: "The new Ad Tushinsha will pay 50 million yen to the former Ad Tushinsha as consideration for the split of advertisement business and 9500 yen equally for assets and liabilities" In this sentence I want to imply that The new company has to pay 9500 yen for assets, and 9500 yen for liabilities as well to the former company. So, is the way I wrote this sentence correct or not? Please explain it to me. Thanks!
6
1
I would replace "... and 9500 yen equally for assets and liabilities" with "... and a further 19000 yen in total, split equally between assets and liabilities". What you wrote *sounds* ok, but I needed to read it a few times to be sure. It's possible my brain is tired :) Still, if it were me, I'd write it my way.
It could be interpreted as saying that 9500 covers both assets and liabilities. Rather than use the word 'equally' I would be inclined to use 'each' instead to make it clear it's 9500 x 2. There's nothing essentially wrong with what you've written, it's more down to reader perception.
nam
English, Vietnamese