Pen
A replaces B If I place a order call order A. I want to change the order number to order B. I’m afraid the manufacturer will consider they’ve got 2 order from me. Is my sentence correct to tell the manufacturer about this? Order B replaces order A, do not make repetitive productions.
5
0
Hi Pen. "I would like to cancel order A and replace it with order B instead" makes it very clear what you wish to do.
"Order B replaces order A, do not make repetitive productions." The comma should be a period or semicolon. The second clause is awkward; it would be better to say something like "Do not fulfill order A" or "Cancel order A." So: "Order B replaces order A. Cancel order A."
To me, there is nothing unclear about saying "I would like to change my order from A to B." if that is what you want to do. Whether that is the best thing to say would depend on the agreement you have with the manufacturer. Talking about cancelling and replacing, though not wrong from a language point of view, should not be considered the default way to amend an order. In many situations, cancelling an order might not be allowed or might incur penalties.
Pen