Mehrdad
Are there any differences between the following sentences? 1) I am cooking lunch 2)I am making lunch 3) I am preparing lunch
6
0
Mel gave a good answer. You shouldn't say "cooking" unless you're actually cooking something (which usually means using pans and a stove, but it could also mean cooking or heating something in a toaster oven, a microwave, etc.). The other two sentences mean the same thing, but it's more common to hear people say "making."
there's no difference because all the sentences mean the same thing, the only thing that you can change is the context where u use it
2 and 3 include #1. If I make a sandwich, I am preparing/making lunch, but I am not cooking. If I boil rice, i am both making/preparing lunch and cooking lunch
Thank you Mel
Number 2 and 3 are about the same. Cooking is a little different in that it implies that there are pots, pans, and a cooking spoon and that you are physically over the stove stirring lunch. If this is what you are doing, its perfect to use.
Mehrdad
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Persian (Farsi), Russian, Spanish
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Russian, Spanish