Majid
Do you think that inherited beliefs are useful? If we were born in another land or another time, would we have the same beliefs and religion? If your answer is "yes", it means that you have chosen your beliefs wisely and with reason.but if it's "no", do you think that inherited beliefs are useful and valuable? When we speak about beliefs ,we do not mean only religions,atheism is also a belief. i think that the point is not that we choose a belief that has not yet existed. rather what is necessary, is finding and following the truth. now the truth, whether old or new, does not matter. because being old or new is not the reason for being right or wrong.The world is an external reality. the criterion whether a belief is true or false is conformity of this belief with that reality. there is no doubt that we are not born in vacuity and the environmental and temporal factors influence our thinking. but in the end the man is made free. I would be glad to know your opinion.
8
0
I don't see how the answer could ever possibly be yes.
hi samuel. i almost agree with you but i have a comment on the last part of your post. i will write latter god willing.
Very interesting question. Personally I think that the important thing is to be aware of what one's beliefs are, and that other people have their own. Many people think they know this concept, but in practice they don't deeply understand the meaning of "respecting" other people's beliefs. As you suggested, I think that if I had been born and raised in another place/time, I would certainly have picked up and developed different beliefs depending on the people and circumstances I found. That's why I believe it's important to not be rigidly fixed in one's ideas; one doesn't strengthen their beliefs by rejecting change, rather learning from other people's experience is what lets you enrichen your beliefs. So I'd sayn it's normal to have inherited beliefs, but it's up to the individual to decide whether it's "useful", or good, to keep them or not.
Majid
Arabic, English, Persian (Farsi)
Arabic, English