Anna
Correct these sentences please 1. I have two sorts of chocolate and cannot decide which one is better. 2.Have you ever got chickenpox? If you not, you'd better don't come today because my children fall sick. 3.I'm really worried about my grandma and I should visit her tomorrow. Do you want to go with me? - No, I'd rather stay at home and finally do the cleaning in the house. 4.Natali likes running very much! The more she runs the better she feels. 5.Next week I am going to visit Lviv. I hope that city as beautiful as I imagine and I'll have the best holidays ever!
5
1
1. I have two sorts of chocolate and cannot decide which one is better. 2.Have you ever got chickenpox? If you haven't, you'd better not come today because my children have fallen sick. 3.I'm really worried about my grandma and I should visit her tomorrow. Do you want to go with me? - No, I'd rather stay at home and finally clean the house. 4.Natali likes running very much! The more she runs, the better she feels. 5.Next week, I am going to visit Lviv. I hope that this city is as beautiful as I imagine and I'll have the best holiday ever!
#1 is good. In #2, “Have you ever HAD chickenpox? If not, you’d better NOT come today because my children FELL (or, ARE) sick.” In #3, it’s OK but “finally clean the house” would sound more natural. #4 is good. In #5, “. . .I hope that city IS as beautiful as I imagine.” Also, if you mean to say that it will be the best holiday every only IF the city is as beautiful as you imagine, then you should include some some kind of causal language. Example, “If that city is as beautiful as I imagine, then I’ll have the best holidays ever.” Final thought: in the US, we generally “vacation” rather than “holiday” to talk about a pleasure trip. “Holiday” is usually reserved for a special day in which most everyone has off of work, such as Independence Day (July 4), or for a religious holiday (holy-day) like Easter. Also, if we do use “holiday” to describe a vacation, we usually use the singular. “The holidays” in the plural, in US English, generally refers to Thanksgiving and/or Christmas: “My children will be visiting for the holidays.” But in British English, I believe that the use of “holiday” or “holidays” may be different than in the US.
Anna
English, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian
English, Polish