Stephen Quillen 史季文
Can someone help me translate this? (My job title) 你好。I’m having a hard time telling people about my job when I speak Mandarin Chinese. I work as DSP (Direct Support Professional) my duties are taking care of people with developmental and intellectual disabilities and helping them complete their everyday tasks. To put simply, I’m one of their caregivers. What would something like this be called in Chinese? 谢谢!
8
2
Then you can say 护工 (hu4 gong1), which is a very general title for the health care worker, including those who work in the hospital for the temporary patients. Since the disabilities in Chinese is 残障人士 (can2 zhang4 ren2 shi4), so you can also say '残障人士护工' to specify it. Hope this answer is helpful for you!
Your job is similar to our social workers, who work at hospital, called 醫療社工(Yīliáo shègōng).
You can say you are a 特殊护理人员(Tèshū hùlǐ rényuán) but you will still need a bit more explanation to it
Primarily the brain but also physical disabilities
Do you take care of people with problems specifically in their brain? Or it can be anywhere in the body?
Stephen Quillen 史季文
Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, Spanish
Chinese (Mandarin), French, Spanish