shiny
What's wrong with this sentence? What's wrong with this sentence (Grammatically) "Hadn't I wanted everyone to k know about it, I would have asked you to keep it to yourself." It's said that "hadn't " is wrong. So what's the correct form?
4
0
The only thing that's wrong is that the 'not' is in the wrong place. If you said 'Had I not wanted to know about it,..', it would be correct. With this more formal variant of the second conditional, you cannot contract the auxiliary verb and 'not'.
I think you mean, “If I hadn’t wanted everyone to know about it, I would have asked you to keep it to yourself.” You could also say “had not” which is more formal.
shiny
English, Persian (Farsi)