MNM
Speaking Hi everybody! I've been practicing my english hard and I'd like to know how I am doing. Would you mind listening some minutes to my speaking and give me some feedback? Any comment on my accent, grammar, pronunciation will do. Thanks so much. Here's the audio: https://soundcloud.com/mnmnmn23423/voz-003/s-dYiTE
1
0
You sound fantastic and I'm sure a lot of Americans would love your accent so don't worry about improving it further. It sounds almost like Continental Spanish (though I see in your profile you're Argentine), for which there is very little prejudice in the states (it's unfortunate that Central American and Mexican accents get some prejudice in the states, but at least you shouldn't have to worry about that). "There are very important points to take into account" we wouldn't quite say it like this. "There are some very important things you have to take into account" might be more apropos. "If you run away and later on the police finds out" isn't quite grammatically correct. It should be "and later on the police find out" without the s. This is a tricky thing with the third person singular in English and actually varies somewhat from region to region and so you might want to take this into account depending on who you want to sound like: > Aside from spelling and vocabulary, there are certain grammar differences between British and American English. For instance, in American English, collective nouns are considered singular (e.g. The band is playing). In contrast, collective nouns can be either singular or plural in British English, although the plural form is most often used (e.g. The band are playing). So I can say definitively that in AmEng we do not say "The police finds out" because police is a compound noun. I am unsure in British English how they would say it but I suspect they would say it like an American in this situation. A Brit can clarify this for you. You split "useful" into "use full" which sounds like a speech error. Could be because you're reading. "You keep thinking about that" we would say "You keep thinking about it" here. I'm nitpicking for the sake of your future improvement. You sound fully fluent. Keep up the good work!
MNM