saeiiiid
Is this sentence correct? Hello dear native speakers Is this sentence grammatically well-formed? Real political education within the school system has been even weaker than in the pre-independence period. I doubt about the structure " weaker than in the pre-indepence period". Is that OK? If not, how do you revise it naturally?
2
1
I'm not a native speaker, but after googling, I came across an article where the phrase was used, therefore your sentence seems to be alright. Here the article is https://www.researchgate.net/publication/330221015_Status_of_Women_in_Pre-Independence_India
Yes, it's well-formed. It is a shortened version of "has been even weaker than IT WAS in the pre-independence period" We will often elide the verb in comparative structures Bob ran 10 miles per hour. Sam ran 8 miles per hour. -->>Bob ran faster than Sam ran-->Bob ran faster than Sam did-->Bob ran faster than Sam. Right now, it is 19 degrees in Virginia and 27 degrees in Tehran. -->It is colder in Virginia than it is in Tehran-->It is colder in Virginia than in Tehran.
saeiiiid
English, Persian (Farsi)