younes
No, well, I think the shyness is more an affliction than anything else" hi there. whats menaing of gist of this sentence?. 1)"There’s something like music or mathematics, when one starts very early, but where experience of life is concerned, I think it has to be relatively late" 2).No, well, I think the shyness is more an affliction than anything else" SACKS: No, well, I think the shyness is more an affliction than anything else. But there’s something to be said for late blooming, because late blooming may be part of a continued blooming. There’s something like music or mathematics, when one starts very early, but where experience of life is concerned, I think it has to be relatively late. By the way, I once saw an interview with the two oldest women in the world, though they were only one hundred and fourteen. When they were asked what contributed, the one in Holland said “herring,” she had herring everyday, and the one in Texas said, “minding my own business.”
14 сент. 2019 г., 18:35
4
0
1) This sentence is seems poorly constructed. I think the intended meaning is that people start learning music and mathematics at a young age but only gain life experience at a much later stage in life. 2) Should be without THE, unless the other person in the conversation spoke about it earlier. However I think even in that case it would be preferable to omit THE. It means that shyness is similar to an illness or a cause of pain rather than anything else.
14 сентября 2019 г.
Shyness is when you feel afraid or nervous of meeting (new) people or being around them. Shyness is caused mainly by people (although I guess you could feel shy around animals or aliens), and causes you to be sweaty and uncomfortable due to having a social interaction with them
14 сентября 2019 г.
error
14 сентября 2019 г.
younes
English, Persian (Farsi)