younes
it happend" and his refers to whom? hi there.whats meaning of "it happend" here??? and here"The doctors eventually confirmed that a cancer that had been found in his eye nine years ago had spread to his liver." his refers to whom???? Um, at the beginning of the year I was fine. On the third of January, I felt a little queer and I passed some dark urine. I thought I had a little gallbladder attack and, um, didn’t pay that much attention, but thought I better get things checked. And, um, the X-ray, which was expected only to show a couple of gallstones, showed hundreds of cysts in my liver. Although my doctor said he didn’t know what these were, and I would need further tests, I knew what they were. I said, “It’s happened.”And he was right. The doctors eventually confirmed that a cancer that had been found in his eye nine years ago had spread to his liver.
1
0
1) it's happened. Note the apostrophe S. In this case this is a contraction for >It has< happened. In this context the I person in the text was somewhat expecting his illness to evolve. The recent events described in your text confirm the I persons expectation, which is why he feels like what he was expecting has finally happened. 2) His in this case refers to the I person. The cancer was in the "I" persons eye, and then spread to "I's" liver.
younes
English, Persian (Farsi)