XiaoDeng
You heard me Barney: All right, Trubotsky, new challenge. And this one is big, but so is the cash reward, for one thousand dollars. You heard me. All you have to do is get up on the news and do one of these (the Ickey shuffle). Does 'You heard me' mean totally the same as "I won't repeat myself." ? I won't repeat what? The part goes ahead of 'you heard me' or the part goes after it?
4
0
No, here it means "yes, you heard that correctly." Yes, $1000 is a large amount of money. I'm sure you're surprised by how large the number is, and you think you might have misheard. But no, you heard it correctly--the number really is $1000. "If you do this for me, I'll marry you. Yes, you heard me. I'll book a flight for our parents, and we can have the ceremony tomorrow." "If you make him angry, he'll kill you. You heard me. He won't give you any warnings or second chances. He'll just pick up his sword and kill you."
It is not entirely clear, but probably means just to reinforce the requirement, when the person may no believe it. . I ran the km in 4 minutes. Yes, you heard me, four minutes.
XiaoDeng
Chinese (Other), English