Kelli Brown
How does it usually work? I am excited but to be honest nervous about doing an intercambio with another person on Skype. How does it usually work? Details please:) gracias por tu ayuda!!
6
0
Hi Kelli, Most exchanges usually take place on Skype. Usually, you message people who are fluent in your target language (or vice-versa). Not everyone responds, but many do! I usually start by chatting for sometime on iTalki, before I switch to Skype just to test the flow of the conversation. For video calls, I usually schedule a time in advance. The first call is usually a “get to know each other call” while subsequent calls have an agreed upon topic (it does not always work out that way but it’s a good start ). Hope this helps! Buena suerte con su intercambio :)
Hi Kelli, You can work a learning plan with professional teachers as well here. I am a tutor of the Italki community. If you choose this option you only need to schedule a class and the complete hour will be devoted to your learning needs and we will follow your pace. Regards, Marina
Thanks Sergio!
Hello. I am Leonardo. I am interested in language exchange. Pleas let me know if we could do an agreement.thanks
I'm new to italki and I've only had one language exchange, but I think what most people do is exchanging Skype addresses (I suppose other video platforms can be used, but this seems like the de facto standard) and they agree on a time. Then they videochat for an hour, half an hour in one language and the other thirty minutes in the other language. I think that, once you get to know the other person a little bit, it's important to agree on specific topics to speak about, difficulties each person has in order to focus on those, etcetera. Otherwise the conversation can be rather empty and very beginner-like. Speaking to strangers can also be quite overwhelming for introverts, so I think it's better if you get to know each other a little bit via chat first.
Kelli Brown
Spanish