benbittle
He do I express an action was done in the past and is being down up to now. For example in English "I have been studying Chinese for 3 years", or " I have been playing chess foor about 10 years" How do you make it clear that the action is still ongoing, and is not yet complete. can you use "我学了中文两年了“, use verb了time 了 structure. I hope my question is clear Thanks
8
0
Yeah you made it clear enough. First of all, your answer is right: "我学了中文两年了" equals "I have been learning English for two years". "我学中文两年了"or"我学习中文两年了" mean the same. Or you can even make it more clear:"我已经学中文两年了". Now you can see the key word in Mandarin to mean "have been" is the word "了"at the end of sentence. The first "了" in your answer is not important, it doesn't make any different. If you say "我学过两年中文" then you are saying "I had learned Mandarin for two years". The action is not ongoing right now. So the difference between "have been doing" and "had done" in Mandarin is the order of words in sentence. For example, "我学中文两年了" and "我学了两年中文" mean differently. The former means "have been doing" and the latter means "had done".
我学中文有兩年了. Literally, I [have] studied Chinese, two years already. This conveys the continuity. In having the first 了, indicates the action had been done already and the second part, indicates the duration. The translation for you version is "I HAD studied Chinese for two years" which is different from what you asked.
我学了两年中文了。
我学中文两年了 我学了两年中文 Are both fine. None of them implies it's stopped 了 only indicates status has changed, might or might not be finished. 过 indicates this thing has been finished.
我 学 两 年 的 中文 了。
benbittle
Chinese (Mandarin)