Roman
Attendance marking Hello folks. Please help me with the text of on-screen message. Imagine a situation when you have passed your test but cannot receive the certificate yet. You will receive the certificate once the instructor approves that you actually attended the training. I need to notify users about this when they pass their tests. I came up with these message: v1. "Your certificate will be available once you get the "Attendance" mark" v2. "You will receive the certificate once the instructor approves your attendance" Which one is more appropriate and clear to you? Please provide your better variant.
4
1
Are you sure it isn't a "only in Ukraine" moment. If I have passed the test, then I was the person who wrote the answers, so therefore I sat the test - I attended the test. But yes, the (attendance) roll has to be marked and verified. I'd go for V3 as the answer: You'll receive the certificate/ The certificate will be available, once the instructor (or 'subject co-ordinator) approves or verifies the attendance roll. Usually the teacher supervising the test has a boss, a subject co-ordinator (they did at college) who oversees that subject/s. So, the subject co-ordinator checks that the test was run properly, and that all those particular students actually sat the test.
Version 2 is better, but I think the sentence would be even more clear with “verify”: “You will receive the certificate once the instructor verifies your attendance.” “Verify” means to check to make sure something is true or that something happened.
I have the same problem. maybe someone still helps us...
Roman
English, Ukrainian