eli
Korean name i'm studying korean at the moment and am also writing a story about a girl that is in korean. I wanted to name her 모진; I was wondering if that name was appropriate? I don't know how names work in korean necessarily. I know that 모진 can mean "hard" in a sense, and while I am not opposed to naming the character something strange like "hard", i was wondering if it would even make sense as a name. If it wouldn't be appropriate at all, what are names that sound similar/are spelled similarly to 모진?
6
0
I've never heard '모진' for a girl's name. However some people prefer unique or rare names. 모진 sounds like a gender neutral name to me. Even if it spells the same of an adjective (suffering), I think you can use that name in your story. '유진' '미진' '수진' '예진' '혜진' are very popular names for girls. If you want to use '모', I heard '모현' in a drama and it also sounds like gender neutral. Hope it helps and please follow me at koreanclass.canada on Instagram!
to eli // I'd be interested to know too (그냥 in tune). 쓸모없어면 미안합니다, 엘리 씨 ))
How about 무진? it is not a common name. But Koreans use it as a name. And don't you use family name with given name? sometimes, when an appropriate given family is used with family name, the whole name could sound funny.
@inanu 무슨 뜻이에요??
모징 오징 ^^^
eli
English, French, Korean, Spanish
French, Korean