Pelin
Are these sentences OK? News has lifted my spirits. Did you save me a slice of that cake? The moment of reunion was very touching. I've gotten used to living here. You don't care whether I'm okay or not. Anyone who's back home knows that. (in our neighborhood, in our country etc.)
1
0
News has lifted my spirits - THE (or “this”) news has lifted my spirits. Did you save me a slice of that cake? - this is fine The moment of reunion was very touching - “the reunion was very touching” sounds more natural. Technically your sentence wasn’t incorrect, it just doesn’t sound natural. I’ve gotten used to living here - fine You don’t care whether I’m okay or not - also fine Anyone who’s back home knows that - “anyone back home knows that” also works and in my opinion, flows better. But either way, it’s just fine.
Pelin
English, Turkish