younes
For any doctor and a man of science"? hi there:whats meaning of this part sentence" For any doctor and a man of science"? Why aren’t you more frightened? Like, unusual! For any doctor and a man of science, you don’t seem to worry at all when things become incoherent or strange. You’re now showing it to me as if like, “Ooh, how interesting! I was crazy here for a little bit.”
2
0
Are you sure it's 'any'? To me it should be 'a'.
Hello, Younes. A "man of science" is a scientist. Doctors and scientists are expected to be rational and logical. Strange things might be happening, but they will find a rational explanation for it. They are not inclined to be superstitious people or ones who believe in things like ghosts. This is what the passage is referring to. I hope this answer helps. If you are interested in taking English lessons, I am a professional teacher on Italki and am currently accepting new students. I would be happy to work with you!
younes
English, Persian (Farsi)