Hazem
Why it said i love learning and not love to learn..i think love is stative verb which need infinitiv Yes, very much. I love learning about traditional food of different cultures and I try to make it myself. I have just tried making meat with plums, it's a rich unique Moroccan dish.
5
0
You can find a good explanation in the Cambridge dictionary - "There is a very small difference in meaning between the two forms. The -ing form emphasises the action or experience. The to-infinitive gives more emphasis to the results of the action or event. We often use the -ing form to suggest enjoyment (or lack of it), and the to-infinitive form to express habits or preferences." "love learning" is like a process/action and experience, not like a result of the action.
"I love learning" is used when you're focusing on the process of learning. Example: "Mary loves helping her mom. They clean the house together, wash the windows, prepare the lunch." Here it's about the process of helping. Both "I love learning" and "I love to learn" are correct, and the difference isn't that big. However, the second form (using the infinitive) is more for talking about the facts, and not the experience. Example: "I prefer to check the reviews of the books, before buying them." Here it's not about the process of checking, but the fact that you do it. I hope it helps!
Hazem
Arabic, English