Fairy
hello Elizabeth studied Beckett’s face, most of it lost in shadow. Even then, she could see the emotion below the surface. Aversion? Disappointment? She wasn’t sure. “Does Dyer hate him?” He understood the question. She saw it. “I don’t think Francis hates anybody.” “What about thirteen years ago? Did he hate anyone then?” A bitter smile cut Beckett’s face. “Did James Randolph tell you that?” “Maybe.” “Maybe you should consider the source.” “Meaning what?” “Meaning James Randolph was everything Adrian was not. Plodding. Narrow-minded. He’s been divorced three times, for God’s sake. If anyone hated Adrian, it was Randolph.” Elizabeth tried to work that piece into the puzzle? 1 cut Beckett’s face mean? 2 Elizabeth tried to work that piece into the puzzle mean? She watched his face, trying to catch the angles. Something was happening, and it wasn’t about the car. “’Sixty-seven,” she said. “I paid for it working summer jobs. It was pretty much the first real thing I ever bought by myself.” 3 I paid for it working summer jobs mean?
2
0
Try to write proper sentences. It helps your English, and it helps us to read and understand your question. What does xxx mean?
1: it doesn't really mean anything. It's just a poetic description. It's comparing the shape of the mouth to a cut. 2: Again, it's poetic. It's an analogy between putting pieces into a jigsaw puzzle and solving some mystery. She we trying to work out how that piece of information fitted into some puzzle that they were trying to solve. A crime? 3: Summer jobs are jobs that you do when you are not at school. She used the money that she was paid for those jobs to pay for something - the car?
Fairy
Czech, English