Josue
A view to passing the exam Hi everybody, my question is the following. I am preparing myself to take the FCE exam, there was a question I didn't understand and I had to transform it so it means the same using the word given(VIEW) 1.- Mary studied a lot. She wanted to pass her exam (Sentence given) 2.- Mary studied a lot with (a view to passing) her exam I don't get why that answer:c Can somebody explain it to me please :(
2
0
A 'view' can be a way of thinking, or a belief or attitude about something. With 'a view to passing' is with 'an attitude/belief' of passing, or as Chris has mentioned, 'a goal of passing".
here "a view to passing" means "the goal of passing" The online Oxford Learner's Dictionaries are an excellent resource. view https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/view_1?q=view with a view to something/to doing something ​(formal) with the intention or hope of doing something He's painting the house with a view to selling it.
Josue