Pelin
Is this sentence OK? Or, what would you say? It doesn't work properly, I can't open it sometimes. If I say; That door sometimes sticks./ That window sometimes sticks.
2019年9月20日 22:50
4
0
Yes, your sentence is ok. But I would say: "It doesn't always work; sometimes I can't even open it." "That door sticks sometimes/That window sticks sometimes."
2019年9月21日
yes
2019年9月20日
The window is stuck. (I can’t move it) The window is sticking. (When I move the window, it doesn’t move smoothly) The window sticks (Similar to “is sticking” but more habitual) “Sometimes” adds the idea that there are times that it doesn’t stick.
2019年9月20日
Absolutely Pelin. Even though years ago it was improper, people say the "door/window sticks" all the time in the U.S. now. Other ways to say it: I wish this window wasn't stuck. This door sticks all the time: The window is sticking and I cant open it.
2019年9月20日
Pelin
English, Turkish