Hanji
The 100 on Netflix (Question 1) If you are watching The 100, could you please tell me what his words mean for me? Season1-12: When Murphy tried to kill Bellamy, saying, ”Maybe I have to kill your Grounder-pounding little sister." What does "pounding" mean here? The Japanese subtitle doesn't translate it. Does it mean the little sister hits the Grounder? punching him? Or The Grounder hits the littel sister? Thank you.
10
0
“Grounder” isn’t a standard English word. It’s the name in the series given to the enemy group of people left on the ground. “Pounding” in this case means “having sex with”. Bellamy’s sister was in a relationship with one of the members of the enemy group, the Grounders, making her appear disloyal and an enemy herself. “Pounding” used this way is well-known slang English - somewhat vulgar.
'grounding' is a slightly more polite way of say 'fucking' here. As well as saying he might kill the sister, Murphy is insulting the brother (and sister) by saying she is a "grounder-fucker". I haven't watched the show for a while, but I guess 'grounder' is a term for some type of people there - those on the ground, I guess.
おぉ~なるほど!ありがとう!このlittle sister は The Grounder と恋しているので、歩いているという意味もあるかもしれない。Gatcha! Thank you, Lupin!
あ~そっか、[grounder」は土で歩いているですね?それならば「pound」は歩くとかマーチのような感じです。人は歩くと足はよく土に叩くですね? Sometimes you might here people refer to soldiers as ground pounders as well
ありがとう、ルパン。そのThe Grounder は、この話の中でpeople on the ground(the earth) のことです。この話はSF(Science Fiction) だから。  MMAの技? ああ、その技の意味とpeopleと両方の意味があるんですね。なるほど!興味深いです。ありがとう!
Hanji