Ludmila (Людмила)
Professional Teacher
This content has been deleted.
21 Th09 2019 12:51
7
0
Most people's bodies are at their 'peak' when they are in their early-to-mid 20s. After that, the body starts to go 'downhill'. They put on a few pounds every year, start to develop aches in their back or knees, have less tolerance for exercise and other physical activity, start needing reading glasses. The aging process can wear a body down. However, if someone finds a solution, such as diet, exercise, vitamin supplements, yoga, hormone shots, etc, then they might feel better, like they did when they were younger. That's when they would say, "I feel like I have my old body back."
21 tháng 9 năm 2019
Hello, It might also be used to express that you feel young again, can do things that you used to be able to do, like run a mile, dance, etc
21 tháng 9 năm 2019
All the answers you've gotten are good (and I think Gdanning is right that Bre intended to write "previous"). I just wanted to explain why the word "old" is used. It's a bit confusing, because usually, something that is "old" is the opposite of young (or the opposite of new). An "old book" is not a new book. An "old body" is not a young body. In this expression, however, it has the opposite meaning. The word "old" refers to the fact that it is the body you USED TO HAVE, in the past. If you say, "Today I went back to visit my old neighborhood," it doesn't mean that the neighborhood is "old." It means that the neighborhood is the place where you USED TO live. It belongs to your past. "I wish I still had my old move collection" does not refer to a collection of "old movies." It refers to movies that you USED TO have. In this case, "my old body" refers to the body that you used to have -- when you were YOUNGER. The meaning is the opposite of what you would expect.
21 tháng 9 năm 2019
More context is needed. “Like” has two nearly contradictory meanings. It can mean “As if” but it also has a sarcastic use which is close to negation. Question: How are you feeling? Answer: Like you care. (I don’t believe that you care. I’m angry at you and doubt your sincerity)
21 tháng 9 năm 2019
I think there is a typo in Bre's answer. She means "previous," not "precious"
21 tháng 9 năm 2019
Ludmila (Людмила)