Victoria
I need an example, please. Could you please tell me how you normally use this: 'ask for it' I need an example when it means ask for trouble.
3
0
Paul wouldn't stop teasing his little sister. "Paul, you're really asking for it now," their mother warned. "If you don't stop teasing your sister, I'll give you a spanking." Yeah, I slapped that man in his face. As far as I'm concerned, he was asking for it, because he had been sexually harassing me all evening.
"He's always annoying the teachers. He's asking for trouble and will get expelled if he's not careful." "Of course, he punched you ! You asked for trouble when you started insulting him". "I'm asking for trouble. I'm going to a party tonight even though my exam is tomorrow." "You missed all your classes this week ? You're really asking for it. How can you expect to pass ..."
My blabbermouth boyfriend was asking for a punch in the facehole.
Victoria
English, German, Russian
English, German