Mehrdad
Are there any differences between "There is a banana also" and "There is a banana too" and "there is "there is a banana as well"
23 ก.ย. 2019 เวลา 8:05
3
1
The only reasons I can think of that you would prefer also vs as well vs too would be: 1) You prefer the way your sentence sounds with one of the 3 options. 2) You are trying to intentionally make a distinction between "to" and "too" when speaking. For example "I need to too" vs "I need to as well"
23 กันยายน 2019
Hi I think this sample will make it easier to understand the difference, although it maybe interchangeable as well. "There is a banana also" [ There is also a banana.] JANE: "I'm trying remember what my mother served for dessert, I just realised she gave us the ice cream after our lunch." JOE: "Let me think....OH YEAH! THERE WAS ALSO A BANANA!" (maybe excited tone/excited remembering it) JANE:" I prepared a fruit platter and it has grapes, apples, oranges..." JOE: "Look! "THERE IS A BANANA TOO!" (maybe excited tone/could be his favourite fruit) "there is a banana as well" **This phrase maybe used by people who's not excited about it, but you just wanna say or share the information. JANE: I prefer to eat fruits for my dessert. JOE: There are lots of fruits in the kitchen, THERE'S BANANA AS WELL. Hope this is helpful! Have a great day!
23 กันยายน 2019
Not really. You could use 'also' before 'a banana' (there is also a banana) but 'too' and 'as well' have to go at the end of the phrase. ('too' before 'a banana' can be used in American English, but it changes the meaning - 'there is too a banana' would mean 'yes there is a banana- you are wrong to say there is not' ).
23 กันยายน 2019
Mehrdad
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Persian (Farsi), Russian, Spanish
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Russian, Spanish