Hanji
The 100 on Netflix. (Question #2) If you are watching The 100, could you please tell me about this for me, please? Season 1-13 When the ARK failed to remote detonation's and someone would have to launch manually to fix it, Kane said to Abbey before he would leave, "Salvation comes at a price." Is the phrase from the Bible? It sounds like Christianity. "come with a price" and "come at a cost" Are they common phrases in daily life?
4
0
ha! good question! :) The phrase itself is not biblical, but 'salvation' does touch on a religious theme. Yes, we use these phrases often when we want to imply that in order to gain something of value, we must be willing to give something up in return. "Everything comes at a price" is a common phrase that implies this meaning.
I see. Thank you for your big help, Hillary!
Hanji