WereImp
"a place to live" or "a place to live in"? Do both sound natural? If so, what is the difference?
4
0
Yes, they both sound fine to me. The difference is 'in', and that suggests living inside something. So - the 'in' form would probably be explicitly referring to a building or house. The version without could also refer to a house, but could also refer to an area or city.
It’s a bit dependent on the context i think. On it’s own, ‘A place to live’ is correct. If you were conversing and using the term ‘place’ to refer to specifically a house or an apartment (your dwelling), you could say for example: “I’m looking for a place to live in”, or “My place is great to live in”. That would be perfectly acceptable speech. That’s the only time i could think you would use such a statement. More usually you would say liv-ing in. I’m living in a place called... or I live in a place called... Hope that helps!
WereImp
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), Chinese (Other), English, German