Mehrdad
"It is my work" and "it is my affair" are they the same?
9
0
Jazz gave an excellent answer. "That's my affair," "that's my business," and "that's none of your business," are all ways to answer an inappropriate question.
Hello, Mehrdad. No, they mean two different things. 1. "It is my work" is usually referring to someone's profession. For example, medicine is a doctor's work. Driving is a taxi driver's work. Your work is what you do to earn a living. The most important thing you do in your lifetime (often a career) is referred to as your 'life's work'. 2. "It is my affair" is used to talk about personal matters that you do not wish to share with others. These are private matters that you don't want to discuss. If someone asked you something deeply personal, you might say, "It's my affair, and I would rather not talk about it." I hope these answers help! If you are interested in taking English lessons, I am a professional teacher on Italki. I am currently accepting new students and would be happy to work with you.
Well, first of all, I would never use "work" that way. Work is a more general term often used as a non-count noun. I would say "It is my job" however. As in, "it is my job to take care of all correspondence here". We go to work, we all have to work, work could be tiring or fun, but when I speak specifically about what I do, I talk about my job. "He works at the office. He has a lot of work to do, sometimes too much work. His job is to manage all of the employees." I hope this helps.
No, they are not the same. We also have: It's my business, with yet another meaning. my work: It's my work, we are talking about! my affair -> actually I can only think of affair as in a sexual relationship or in Politics: state's affairs It's my business: Why I'm working late hours? That's my business! -> That's none of your business, that is for me to decide.
It depends on the context but generally the two are not the same.
Mehrdad
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Persian (Farsi), Russian, Spanish
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Russian, Spanish