Khaled Bassam
Is this correct conversation? A: hello. I'm seeing you put your headphones. Are you listening to music? If so, who are you listening to? B: yes, I'm. I'm listening to Taylor swift. I really enjoy her songs. She has a special taste in singing.
3
1
Pretty good. “I see you put ON your headphones” would sound more natural, and you need the “on” either after “put” or after “headphones.” The rest of A is good. In B, Swift needs to start with a capital S, and “special taste” is not quite right. “Taste” usually refers to what a person likes in music, food, movies, art, etc. Example: “His tastes in music include Taylor Swift and Cardi B.” If you are trying to talk about Taylor Swift’s talent, something like “She is a really talented singer” would be better.
I agree with John. I’ll just add that in B, even though there where two questions asked, it would be common to answer with one sentence like “Yes, I’m listening to ... “ Not only is that more natural, but also we never end a simple sentence with I’m. I’m needs something else after it like I’m listening. Instead you could say “Yes, I am. I’m listening... “ But that is a more formal way of saying it than the situation calls for.
Khaled Bassam
Arabic, English