Marie
meaning of 'talk in' Hi, I need to understand the meaning of the first sentence of the text below: 'Sarah only talked in stories. If you asked her how she was, or what she did at school, she just looked at you like you were the most boring person in the world. What she wanted to talk about was her favorite TV shows and books, usually all mixed together, over and over again. Tonight, there was a new character at least: Lucy the puppy. Lucy was chased by mean dogs; Lucy got thorns in her paws; Lucy was lost and scared and needed rescuing.'
2
0
For me this first sentence would mean: when Sarah talked about something, she used stories to convey her thoughts and ideas. The following sentences of your above text, though, give me the feeling that Sarah did not talk in stories, but she did not want to talk about anything other than the TV shows which she had seen recently.
Marie
English, Italian, Persian (Farsi), Spanish
Italian, Spanish