Lorin
English name Is "Lorin" a good name for a boy?
7
1
http://www.babynamewizard.com/voyager This can show you what names are popular from year to year in the US. Lorin has been pretty much gone for the past 40 years. Loren (with an E) was somewhat popular in the 1920s, but has declined since then. And Lorenzo seems to be becoming more and more popular.
It would be an unusual name, and I agree that it sounds similar to the girls' name "Lauren." I do know a man named "Loren," though. His name is also pronounced exactly the same as "Lauren," but he doesn't seem to have any problems, except that he sometimes has to spell his name for people, since they've never heard it before. In the US, it's become more popular lately to give boys unusual names, so if you don't mind having an unusual name, it should be fine. I've certainly known boys with much more unusual names than that.
I have never heard it used as a name before. I just looked it up, and it looks like it was more common over 100 years ago. I agree with lemo that it sounds more like a girl's name.
I’ve never heard of a male being named Lorin.
It would sound a little strange to English speakers. I haven't heard it before, but it looks very similar to Lauren, a relatively common girl's name.
Lorin