豆芽儿
Please look at the sentence below. Thank you. (My hobbies are rap, singing and playing basketball.) Is there any mistakes? Thank you
3
0
I have a friend that insists that his hobby is "hanging out with friends"... So it probably just depends on your perspective :) I think this sentence is fine in spoken conversation, but written I agree you would usually say "my interests include" when you're writing formally. If you are talking about hobbies (or want to claim that your singing is your hobby), I think people say "my hobbies are" more often, because it's usually a more limited set. But just pay attention to the semantics.
Thank you very much for solving my question.
(My hobbies are rap, singing and playing basketball.) Is there any mistakes? Thank you *Are there any mistakes? Rap, singing and playing basketball are not hobbies, they are interests. Because we have many interests we use "include" to show just a few of our interests. "My interests include rap, singing and playing basketball." This sentence sounds much more natural. What are hobbies? Hobbies are something we do to pass the time that brings us pleasure. For example: collecting antiques, stamp collecting, wood working, crochet, knitting, model airplanes etc.
豆芽儿
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Russian