Alisa
How can I say this word You know when we go to large shopping mall, there are many stands or counters selling famous brand product. How can we call these kind of counters or stands?
5
0
In America, small stands that are separate from large stores are sometimes called “kiosks.” Example: “You can get your watch battery replaced at the watch repair kiosk outside of the Macy’s store.” Inside a large store, a counter area selling a particular item is often just called a counter: example, “the Shiseido counter” for a counter that displays Shiseido cosmetics for sale.
If you are in a large shopping area with a large store that carries several name brands you can use the brand name to indicate the counter or area in the store where you buy/sample merchandise. Example: Let’s go check out the new perfume at the Chanel counter. I need new pants. I think I’ll look in the Jones NY section.
You just call them stands or promotional stands. Do you have any other questions?
Alisa