Hasan
Which one is correct? 1. He was puzzled because his mother didn’t come to his room as usual in every morning. 2. He was puzzled because his mother didn’t come to his room as usually in every morning. 3. He was puzzled because his mother didn’t come to his room as normally in every morning.
5
0
1. He was puzzled because his mother didn’t come to his room as usual every morning. Although I think it would be better to say, "He was puzzled because his mother didn't come to his room every morning as usual."
I like Andreas first suggestion. It’s a little trickier to keep usually in there. Maybe “...didn’t come to his room as she usually did in the morning. “
I would say that #1 comes closest to the correct version. However, I would make the following correction (other instructors may suggest other correct alternatives): 1. He was puzzled because his mother didn’t come to his room as she did every morning. Comments: I deleted "usually," because it does not mean always, but "every" does. For a different meaning; if she did not come EVERY morning but came MOST mornings, I would keep "usually" but delete "every." Still, delete "in" in either case.
first one
Hasan
Arabic, English