Check out our updated Community
Sergey
find vs find out A new study surveyed hundreds of bird species in the USA and Canada and found that nearly a third of birds disappeared from most biomes since 1970. A study surveyed hundreds of types of birds in the USA and Canada. It found out that nearly a third of birds died from most biomes since 1970. Please, compare two sentences. They use "found" in the first and "find out" in the second. Can we use only 'found' in both? Can we use only 'found out' in both?
I suspect Chris hit the wrong button, and commented rather than answered. He is as usual correct that 'found' is better, although we do often use them interchangeably.
It was found out that nearly a third of birds died from most biomes since 1970.
Found is better. It is much more commonly used regarding a scientific study than "found out." "Found out" often implies an accidental discovery. (Eg: I found out that my wife is planning a surprise birthday party for me. You would NEVER use "found" in that sentence.)
"found" fits best. "found out" implies that they found a secret. [His wife found out that he had a mistress.] Oxford Learner's Dictionaries are an excellent resource. https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/american_english/find-out?q=find+out
Sergey