Mehrdad
I feel poorly. Is it normal to talk so?
Yes, it can be a normal topic of discussion. It really depends on your intent and audience; you might tell your employer that you are ill if you need time off to rest. In this case, you usually don't need to get too specific (if it isn't a regular thing). If talking to customers, they typically prefer to hear that everything is great, no matter how you actually feel :) When talking to friends, feel free to give full details, if you feel comfortable doing so. A more natural way of saying "I feel poorly" would be "I don't feel well", or more casually "I'm feeling ill".
Yes it is normal :) but it's also a rather formal way to say that you're feeling ill. More informal ways that are used on a day to day basis would be to say, "I'm feeling under the weather", "I don't feel so well", or simply "I feel ill". Context is important as well. If you're talking to someone like a boss or a superior to you and you're relating why you won't be able to go to work that day then "I'm feeling poorly" or, " I'm feeling under the weather", would be ok to tell your boss. Hope this helps?
Mehrdad
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Persian (Farsi), Russian, Spanish
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Russian, Spanish