Apple
Is this expression “ no spring chicken “ commonly used in daily conversations? I have learnt this term from native speaker English teachers , however , I have never heard of this expression being said personally . So I wonder if this term is frequently used or is it outdated ? Thanks a lot for answering my question !
Yes, it's well-known. Not sure about 'commonly used in daily conversations" since you don't often go around telling people that they are no longer young! See some (written) examples here: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/spring%20chicken
I think it used to be more common than it is now, but it is still a well-known term.
If you'd like a nicer way to say it, "getting on in years" has the same meaning: -- "Even though she is getting on in years, she still travels quite a bit." Be aware that "learnt" is not commonly used in the US. We say "learned". Are your English teachers from England? Also, your punctuation is spaced incorrectly. Do NOT use a space before a comma or ending punctuation: -- If you follow this example, your spacing will be correct. See what I mean? OK, that's great!
Apple