Ethan Lee
What's the difference between zeal, ardor and enthusiasm? What's the difference between zeal, ardor and enthusiasm? How do I put it containing one of these words if I'd like to say a person offers help with passion (For example, 'People always zealously offered to help me get to where I was going when I found myself lost in [city]')? Are there better ways to express it? Thank you for any help you can provide.
Zeal and ardor don’t work. Neither does ‘always’. And you are missing a “me”. In [city], people enthusiastically offered to help me get me to where I was going when I was lost.
Ardour is very literary. You would rarely hear it in normal speech. Zealous is more common, but tends to have a negative connotation. In your example, I wouldn't use it, because you are describing a positive attitude. Enthusiastic is fine. People always enthusiastically...
Ethan Lee
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Hakka), Chinese (Taiwanese), English