Ioannis Kazlaris
Where might be this narrator from? In this YouTube video, I just love the accent of the male narrator. I have often noticed that when native Chinese speak, they tend to flatten their tones (especially when they talk fast). This narration however, sounds much more relaxed. https://youtu.be/toWDPdxV0Qo Where might be the narrator from?
It's not about where he is from. It's because he is not talking, but reading out loud a classic story. This man is not bad, but still has some problems with a few consonants like z, sh, x. I'd say the woman narrator sounds slightly better in terms of pronunciation. (staring from 2:55)
Where might be the narrator from? Mainland China. I agree that this is an 'accent' you can expect in films and television but probably not in real life.
Just a side note, no one really speaks like that in real life.
Thank you! I absolutely love this clear, mellow tonality then!
Wow, it's A Dream in Red Mansions! Chinese announcers all have this kind of accent. We call it "字正腔圆" which refers to reading every word clearly with a mellow tune.
Ioannis Kazlaris
Chinese (Mandarin), English, German, Greek, Italian
Chinese (Mandarin), German, Italian