Mehrdad
For me "this is" and "it is" are the same ....so i always mix them up in a sentence. What is the dif
It really does depend on the context in which you are trying to use them, however they often are interchangeable. In very simplistic terms: "this is" is generally used for a literal thing that you want people to observe, whereas "it is" is generally used for bringing peoples attention to a topic. However, as I mentioned above, they are generally interchangeable.
"it" is a personal pronoun that replaces objects, like "he" replaces a person. "This" is a demonstrative pronoun, to demonstrate a noun that had already been spoken of in the conversation or sentence. Whether you use IT or THIS depends on if you are looking at something in front of you (demonstrating), or replacing a noun with a pronoun. Examples: This job is too hard for me. (showing your job to someone/demonstrative) It is too hard for me. (Talking about the job activity itself/replace the noun with a pronoun) Hope this helps
Mehrdad
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Persian (Farsi), Russian, Spanish
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Russian, Spanish