Pasha
should I repeat "didn't" In a sentence with many verbs? For example, I didn't try hard and succeed or I didn't try hard and didn't succeed?
"I didn't try hard BUT succeeded" --> since you are using a positive and negative situations within the same sentence, you should be using "but" to connect them. "I didn't try hard SO didn't succeed" --> since you are describing an outcome from an action, you should be using "so" to connect them. - "and" is only used to connect similar items or make indicate the end of a list. - "didn't" can usually only be used a maximum of twice within the same sentence to reference two different points within it; however, if you are making of list of things that you didn't do for example, it is best to just use it once and then list the thing after using a comma to separate them.
I didn't try hard so I didn't succeed - :)
Depends in what follows! but first one is not correct. Better to say: I didn’t try hard TO succeed SO didn't pass the exam Otherwise your second example would apply although I would use ‘so’ because ‘and’ gets over-used: it really is a joining word for two sentences..or means ‘in addition’. ‘So’ is better as it shows consequence... I didn’t try hard so (I) didn’t succeed. Since you didn’t try hard you didn’t succeed. 😉
Pasha