Seul
I’ve got it vs I got it Hi, If I understand another person’s explanation, should I say I’ve got it? or I got it? Which is correct? Thanks
Like Huang and Bill said, "I've got it" is better. "I got it" is actually ok, it's past tense and means something like I understood it. "I have got it" is present perfect tense which is probably more appropriate. A very common but more informal way to say it is "I get it". That's the present tense way of saying it. All of these are informal and something using the word understand is more formal.
I got it although used by some speakers to mean "i have understood" is not good English, you could be saying something like you have got a highly infectious disease and that every body should stay away from you, because they will die, and so will you within the next week. When you say "I got it?" got what? what exactly are you saying?. You have selected a not very good correct answer. You have not understood you did not "get it" if you did not "get it understand", you can't say "i have got it" because you didn't "get it".
I got it is just weak English. I have got it is better. I have understood it is better still.
You should use "I've got it", it means that you catch what the speaker says. For "I got it", it uses when you tell a story for other person.
I gotcha
Seul