shiva
please help me to understand the difference between "trip", "travel" and "journey".
The word “trip” (mostly used as a noun) is a verb and a noun, and means the act of going to another place and returning. "I took a trip for 2 weeks in summer." The word “journey”(mostly used as a noun) is also a verb and a noun, andmeans the act of going from one place to another. "Mary visited to each country in Asia, it was a big journey." The word "travel"(mostly used as a verb) again is both verb and noun, and also means the act of going from one place to another, mostly for returning. "Jack travelled to Russia last year." I hope this helps!
thank you Carey, it was helpful.
"Travel" is both a verb and a noun So you would travel (verb) to another country for a vacation. "Trip" is a noun, so for an example :- you would take "a trip" to another country or go on "a trip" to another country. "Journey can be a verb or a noun, but typical usage would be a noun. If you went to the other side of the world it would be a very long "journey" ( or a very long "trip"). The travel (noun)time to get there would be long, or you would be travelling (verb) for a long time. I hope this helps.
shiva
English, French, Persian (Farsi)