Sayna Khandagh
which one is correct? why? when I was a kid my mother always took me to the park and I was playing with other children OR ( I played with other children) OR what can we say instead of them?
Scarlett is correct - you need to use Past Simple: When I WAS a kid, my mother TOOK me to the park where I PLAYED with the other kids. or When I was a kid, my mother took me to the park TO PLAY with the other kids. (for that purpose) We often (but not only) use Past Continuous when an action has been interrupted: (example) I was playing with the other children when a dog ran across the playground.
When I was a kid, my mother always took me to the park and I played with other children Other: My mother always took me to the park when I was a kid, where I played with other children.
"When I was a a kid, my mother always took me to the park and I played with other children" is correct. You need to use past simple in both clauses because they are past events that have finished.
I am not speak English
Hi, I would say also in this way. When I was a kid my mother always took me to the park WHERE I was playing with other children. Good luck!
Sayna Khandagh
Azeri, English, Korean, Persian (Farsi), Turkish
Korean