I would say:
1. I tend to have a hard time finding things to talk about with people I don't know, so I like spending time with outgoing people because they can break the ice and keep conversations going.
2. this one is ok :)
3. For many developed countries, the problem of how to dispose of the large amounts of waste created by companies and individuals is a burning issue.
4. To me, blueberries and raspberries taste pretty much the same. I can't tell them apart when I eat them.
5. Plastic bags are not biodegradable and thus are harsh on the environment. If you want to be more sustainable, you should bring your own bag whenever possible.
6. This sentence is odd.... and not too clear as to what you are saying. Pellets can be either food, a bedding material for animals, or poop given the context. So for example, you could say: Although the sheep here are cute, you have to be careful not to step in any sheep pellets while walking around to pet them.
7. It is ridiculous to outlaw abortion due to religious reasons.
8. Antisocial tendencies can be detected at an early age if parents pay attention to early indicators in their children.
These are just my suggestions. Hope this helps :)