trying to explain the grammar of Harry Potter passage.
Are my explanations right?
“Follow me,” said Snape.
Not daring even to look at each other, Harry and Ron followed Snape up the(1) steps into the(2) vast, echoing entrance hall, which was lit with flaming torches.
A delicious smell of food was wafting from the Great Hall, but Snape led them away from the(3) warmth and light, down a(4) narrow stone staircase that led into the(5) dungeons.
he said, opening a(6) door halfway down the cold passageway and pointing.
1) There's only one set of steps leading to that Hall
2) There's only one such Hall in the Hogwarts
3) Specific warmth and light of the Great Hall
4) Just one of the various staircases leading to the dungeons
5) Well known dungeons of Hogwarts and so unique
6) Just one door and there might be more that one, THE door would then mean that there was only one door in the passageway.