An UK award-winning editor/ A UK award-wining editor I've come across an a sentence where a native speaker uses AN-article before UK (An UK award-winning editor). I wonder if it is correct variant taking into account that while speaking UK starts with a consonant.
Oct 24, 2019 8:45 AM
Answers · 2
You are correct. You need to use 'a' before 'UK'. In fact, it's a rather odd term altogether. Does UK refer to the award or the person? It's presumably the latter, so it ought to be 'an award-winning UK editor'. I wonder if it was originally that way round, and the writer simply forgot to change the article.
October 24, 2019
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!
Language Skills
English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Ukrainian
Learning Language
English, French, German, Italian