what's the word for "sth which is commonly used by people " ? for example, a fashion designer designs a dress and a lotta people wear it for a long time in a way that you think it is commonly used nowadays and it's kinda wack/ lame /cheesy. can i say it's flashy?
Oct 24, 2019 10:40 AM
Answers · 4
If something is not fashionable anymore, you can say it is " passé " or " outmoded ". https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/passe If something that was once trendy or fashionable has now become common, you can say it has been "mainstreamed." https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mainstream
October 24, 2019
I think it depends on the context. You could say 'fancy', 'trendy', 'on trend'. Unless you mean a negative meaning, in which case you might say 'mainstream' or 'beige'.
October 24, 2019
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!
Language Skills
English, Persian (Farsi)
Learning Language